· Dead bait, fishing license, tackle, ice, cleaning and bagging of fish. The captain works very hard to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable trip, 20 percent gratuity is customary.
· If you would like to do a hook & cook, we would be happy to make you a separate bag to take to one of the restaurants on the harbor who provides that service.
· If live bait is needed there are two ways to get them; catch them with bait rigs or you the customer buys the bait from the live bait boat. (Typically $20 for a 4 hour trip)
· Buying live bait is the best and fastest way to get out to the fishing ground, catching bait can take up to an hour or more.
Our rates are for up to 6 people.
Please note: All Fishing Charters are Private Charters, no mixed group charters offered.
We are located at:
214 Harbor Blvd Destin, Florida 32541
· Whatever you would like to eat or drink during the trip along with any personal idem such as; sunglasses, hats, cameras, jacket or rain gear depending on the weather and time of year.
· Beer is fine to bring but please no glass bottles and no hard liquor.
· Sunscreen (try to use spray at the dock before boarding the vessel, spray sunscreen can make the deck very slick)
· Service dogs are welcome
· Any kinds of GPS devices are not allowed on the vessel.
· No illegal drugs
It depends on the type of trip would like to book and what fish is in season.
You are likely to catch:
· Spanish Mackerel
· King Mackerel
· Vermillion Snapper
· White Snapper
· Red Snapper
· Mangrove Snapper
· Variety of Sharks
· Cobia (as a by-catch)
· Mahi (as a by-catch)
Most of the fish we catch are very tasty and are delicious grilled or fried. There are a variety of places that we can recommend for a good hook and cook. Just ask your captain for his recommendation on the day of the catch.
· The fish still bite in the rain, they are already wet. If there’s a little rain then we still go, there are two things we don’t like, that’s lightning and high winds.
· If there is inclement weather the day of your trip then the captain will discuss all options with you at the dock and will make the decision together about postponements or cancellations of the trip. Safety is first priority.
Yes. It can get chilly along the panhandle during the winter months but the fishing doesn’t slow down at all.
Always prepare for cooler weather than expected. You can always shed layers, there is plenty of storage space in the boat.
We take credit cards and cash.
Should I tip the captain?
Yes, your captain and crew work very hard to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable time. 20% is customary.
Some of the best memories we have are catching our first fish with our families and we want to help other families make the same memories. There is no age limit aboard the King of Kings, children of all ages are welcome, the only deciding factor about children or elderly would be the weather and that can be discussed before the trip.
Yes, it’s wise to book in advance to get the dates you desire, the closer to the season there will be less available spaces.
· There is a 24-hour cancellation policy, if you cancel outside the 24 hours you will not be charged but if you cancel inside the 24 hours you will be charged half the trip amount unless we can re-book your trip.
· If you “no call” – “no show” on the day of your trip you will be charged the full amount.
· If the captain cancels the trip due to weather or any other extraordinary circumstances you will not be charged or another boat will be found for you to fish on.